|3rd September||WMCCL Round 1||Redditch R & P CC
+ Beacon CC
|Abbey Sports and Fitness Stadium, Birmingham Road, Redditch, Worcester. B97 6EJ||MAP||John Pottsjohn.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10th September||WMCCL Round 2||Bicicielo +Lichfield||Pipe Hayes Park, Chester Road, Erdington, Birmingham. B240HG||MAP||Andy Collis email@example.com|
|17th September||WMCCL Round 3||Stratford CC||Johnsons Coaches, Liveridge Hill, Henley-
|24th September||WMCCL Round 4||Solihull CC||The Heart of England Conference and Events Centre, Meriden Road, Fillongley,CV7 8DX||MAP||Gary Rowing-
|24th September||Three Peaks||Horton-
|1st Oct October||WMCCL Round 5||Worcester St Johns+ Wyre Forest||Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb, Shelsley Walsh, WorcestershireWR6 6RP||MAP||David Jennings
|7th-8th October||National Trophy Round 1||Moorways Centre, Derby|
|15th October||WMCCL Round 6||Halesowen A & CC||Baggeridge Country Park, Sedgeley
|22nd October||WMCCL Round 7||Welland Valley CC||Misterton Hall, Misterton, Lutterworth LE17 4JP||MAP||Dean Barnett
|28th-29th October||National Trophy Round 2||Abergaveny Leisure Centre|
|5th November||One Bike Quarry Cross||Isla Bikes
||Titterstone Clee Quarry||MAP||Steve Chapman – Full Details|
|11th-12th November||National Trophy Round 3||Mid Shropshire Wheelers||Shrewsbury Sports Village
Sundorne Road, Shrewsbury
|MAP|| Dave Mellor
|19th November||WMCCL Round 8||Wolverhampton Wheelers CC||Baggeridge Country Park, Sedgeley
|26th November||National Trophy Round 4||Gravesend|
|26th November||WMCCL Round 9||Birmingham Midland||Blackwell Court|| Peter Varian
|3rd December||BC Regional Championsips(Online entry for championships races)||WMCCL Committee||University of Worcester, Lakeside, Holt Heath, Worcester. WR6 6NH
(Formally known as “Top Barn”)
|10th December||National Trophy Round 5||Bradford|
|10th December||WMCCL Round 10||Behind Bars Sports||Pooley Country Park, Pooley Lane, Polesworth, Tamworth. B78 1JA||MAP||Nick Selibas
|26th December||Coventry RC Boxing Day Cross(Non League event)||Coventry RC||Kenilworth Common, Common Lane, Kenilworth, CV8 2AL||MAP|
|7th January||National Trophy Round 6||Ipswich|
||National Championships||Hetton Lyons|
||World Championships||Valkenburgh, Holland|
Cyclo Cross in the West Midlands is booming due to great clubs and organisers that volunteer to run races for us. The challenge is that courses and infrastructure that was OK a few years ago is now being stretched. We appreciate that this is a family sport and the attraction of the League for some is that the whole family can participate on the same day at the same venue. We have been getting races in excess of 180 riders and some courses cannot handle that amount of riders safely and so we limit the number of riders who can register for the League. Race Organisers, WMCCL Committee and Commissaires will decide on race number limits of each race venue before and on the day if conditions dictate. Registered League riders will get priority on race days up to the circuit limit on a first come first served basis.
Non league registered riders are still welcome to sign on the day, subject to available space but will not be eligible for league points.
Sign On Guidelines
WMCC League registered riders get priority entry until 30 minutes before each individual race start when sign on will close.
Sign on crews will sign on and issue to WMCCL registered riders (numbers and) timing chips until the circuit limit is reached or until 30 minutes before race start.
Non registered riders will sign on but not be issued with a number or timing chip if they are in the V50, Women’s, Senior or V40 categories.
At the 30 minute to go cut off, if the circuit limit has not been reached, the sign on crew will issue numbers and chips, in sign on order, to any non-registered riders up to the circuit limit.
If a non-registered rider is unsuccessful in getting a ride, they will then get a refund of the entry fee.
Timetable and Entry Fees
|Start Time||Category||Distance||Entry Fee|
|10:00||Under 6 & Under 8||10 minutes||£4|
|10:20||Under 10||10 minutes||£4|
|10:45||Under 12||15 minutes||£4|
|11:10 – 11:30||Course Practice|
|11:30||Youth u14 & u16||30 minutes||£8|
|12:15||Vet 50+ Men||40 minutes||£15|
|13:05 – 13:35||Course Practice|
|13:35||Junior Women||40 minutes||£11|
|14:30||Junior Men||50 minutes||£11|
|14:30||Senior Men||50 minutes||£15|
|14:30||Vet 40+ Men||50 minutes||£15|
- Non registered riders above Youth categories pay an additional £3 on the above fees.
- Riders without a British Cycling Membership must buy a British Cycling Day Membership for insurance purposes.
Age Categories for the 2017 – 2018 Cyclo Cross Season
|Under 6||born in 2012 or later|
|Under 8||born in 2011 or 2010|
|Under 10||born in 2009 or 2008|
|Under 12||born in 2007 or 2006|
|Under 14||born in 2005 or 2004|
|Under 16||born in 2003 or 2002|
|Junior||born in 2001 or 2000|
|Under 23||born 1996 to 1999|
|Senior||born 1999 or earlier|
|Veteran||born 1977 or earlier|
|Veteran 40+||born 1977 to 1973||Veteran|
|Veteran 45+||born 1972 to 1968||Senior Veteran|
|Veteran 50+||born 1967 to 1963||Grand Veteran|
|Veteran 55+||born 1962 to 1958||Master Veteran|
|Veteran 60+||born 1957 to 1953||Grand Master Veteran|
|Veteran 65+||born 1952 to 1948||Super Veteran|
|Veteran 70+||born 1947 – 1943||Super Plus Veteran|
|Veteran 75+||born 1942 or earlier|
Races for Women are open to Junior, Under 23, Senior and Veteran Women
- League events will be agreed before the season begins and only points obtained at these events will count towards the League. A new event may be added to the calendar during the season and may count towards League points only if sanctioned by the Committee.
- Riders must register for the League before the start of each season to gain League points.
- At each race ridden a rider pays the race day entry fee at sign on. (or online if an organiser decides to offer that).
- At the first round that a rider competes at they will be given a number that should be kept for the season.
- At each race a rider will be given a timing chip in return for a BC licence or £10 cash deposit. The chip must be returned after the race.
- When registering for the League, riders must nominate the category they will ride in for the season. Changing categories during the season will not be allowed.
- Any League registered rider who helps on the day at an event in any way, i.e. gives up their ride for the benefit of others, will be awarded points in that round equating to an average of their total points for that season.
- League points will be awarded in the following categories: U8, U10, U12, U14 Girls, U14 Boys, U16 Girls, U16 Boys, Junior Men, Women, Senior, Vets 40+ and Vets 50+.
- U10 and U12 fun races will be part of each organised event and each rider will receive a non-monetary prize.
- All races will be gridded by League category in rows, with number of riders per row decided by the Commissaires on the day. Gridding position will be allocated by League average points. Non-League riders who consider they should be placed high on the grid should contact the Commissaires a minimum of 1 hour before race start and may be asked to provide supporting evidence for grid position (Other League table, National ranking or recent results).
- Commissaires on the day may choose not to grid the whole field but to grid only the first few rows, with the remaining riders being called to form at the back of the gridded riders.
- Riders who fail to take up their gridding position when called will be placed at the back.
- Points will be awarded to the first 100 finishers in each category based on 1st 100, 2nd 99, 3rd 98, 4th 97, 5th 96, 6th 95, 7th 94, 8th 93, 9th 92, 10th 91, descending by 1 point intervals to 100th place.
- Veteran results will be categorised as two separate results when sent to BC for ranking points, i.e. 40+ and 50+.
- Each rider’s final league placing will be judged on their best 7 results or all results if a participant races less than 7 times (including average points awarded for helping at events). May change if more events are added to the league.
- There will be a team competition encompassing the under 12, under 10, under 8 and under 6 riders. The six highest scoring riders from within these age categories will count towards their team’s total.
- There will be a separate team competition for the other categories (under 14, under 16, junior, senior & veteran). The six highest scoring riders from within these age categories will count towards their team’s total.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the season, the final league and team positions will be based first on the highest finishing place in the final event of the season and then the average points accrued during the season.
- Any objections or queries arising from any League event must be raised with the Commissaires on the day. Any result queries must be raised with the chip timing provider, Blacksheep sports timing before the end of the Tuesday following the event. Any League table queries should be raised with the League Table Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any issues or queries arising during the season that are not covered by these rules will be referred to the committee for a final decision.
- The use in competition of cameras attached to riders, cycles or helmets is prohibited, unless previously authorised in writing by the BC Board. This includes such items as helmet mountings.
Code of conduct for spectators and families
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour and ensure the Ridley Lazer WMCCL is an enjoyable, safe and positive environment.
Events in the League are voluntarily organised to develop riders’ technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything!
Please play your part and observe our Code of Conduct at all times by agreeing to:
- Encourage and applaud effort as well as success
- Respect the organisers’ commissaires’ and committee’s decisions
- Stay off the course during each race
- Avoid criticism of a rider for any mistakes or errors
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive behaviour or language
Where event organisers, their helpers, commissaires or committee members observe anyone not following the above, they reserve the right to take any or all of the following actions:
- Issue a verbal warning
- Require a meeting with the individual and/or their Club Welfare Officer
- Require a meeting with a Committee member
- Request the individual leaves the event
- Request the individual does not attend future events
- Suspend the rider(s) associated with the individual from the League
- Remove the rider(s) associated with the individual from the League
- Suspend the rider(s) associated with the individual and all their other team/club members from the League
- Remove the rider(s) associated with the individual and all their other team/club members from the League
- Impose a fine